Austen it up

I'm in a bit of a funk this week and, having watched a bit of Elementary and The Following so having Jonny Lee Miller & James Purefoy in my mind, found myself craving a bit of Austen. 

While most people are more familiar with adaptations of Austen's other work (P&P, S&S, Emma) I still enjoy a bit of Mansfield Park. My favourite adaptation came out after the hugely popular BBC Colin Firth version of P&P and the Oscar winning S&S by which time movie goers were a tad over Austened. But check out this cast... 

Frances O'Connor (A.I.)
Jonny Lee Miller (Elementary)
Hugh Bonneville (Downton Abbey)
James Purefoy (The Following)
Alessandro Nivola (Junebug)
Embeth Davidz (Fracture)
Lindsay Duncan (Under the Tuscan Sun)
Sophia Myles (Tristan & Isolde)

I do love when an Australian is cast as the lead in a very English production! And it's about to be rereleased on DVD next week. Check it out.

Mansfield Park

Watch the trailer

PS Interestingly Jonny Lee Miller has appeared in two Austen adaptations, this one and as Knightley in 2009's Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment